Several years ago, a permanent solution for multiple missing teeth required six or more dental implants and often required a year or more of healing. Patients who underwent tooth replacement were forced to wear an uncomfortable denture during the treatment until the final placement of their new teeth. At Brazos Oral & Facial Surgery, we offer our patients a unique treatment for restoring an entire upper or lower arch of teeth. This innovative dental restoration method is called the full-arch replacement procedure.
Instead of replacing teeth with a temporary prosthesis or costly individual dental implants, Dr. Scott Warren can place four specialized dental implants in the mouth and attach a custom fixed denture. This method offers patients a full-arch restoration of beautiful white teeth in a comprehensive procedure. Patients often choose the full-arch replacement because it provides a long-term restoration that looks and functions like natural teeth.
Am I a candidate to receive the full-arch replacement procedure?
Patients who are not considered to be suitable candidates for other prosthetic options (like individual implants or a removable bridge) can still be considered candidates for the full-arch replacement procedure. If you have lost or are on the verge of losing your entire upper or lower arch of teeth, you may be eligible for a full-arch restoration.
If you possess the following characteristics, you may be a candidate for the full-arch replacement treatment:
- You have several failing or missing teeth.
- You are in need of multiple dental implants.
- You wear dentures.
- You are missing an entire upper or lower arch of teeth.
At Brazos Oral & Facial Surgery, we want to ensure that you receive the prosthesis that is right for you, your preferences, and your mouth. We will explore all of your options for tooth replacement with you to find the best possible solution.
Why should I choose the full-arch replacement procedure?
When patients suffer from extensive tooth loss, it can be difficult to find the right solution. Many patients feel hopeless and think an affordable, high-quality tooth replacement to restore both function and aesthetics to the mouth isn’t possible. When choosing a tooth replacement, patients also want something that feels comfortable for daily wear. We know that the best solution to meet all of those criteria lies within the full-arch replacement procedure.
Patients undergoing a full-arch restoration procedure enjoy many benefits not provided by other restoration methods, including
- A prosthesis that looks and feels like one’s natural teeth
- A comfortable and stable prosthesis that allows patients to eat whatever they want
- A natural-looking smile
- Elimination of pain caused by decaying or damaged teeth
- Prevention of bone loss caused by missing teeth
At Brazos Oral & Facial Surgery, we want to provide you with the very best option for tooth replacement that feels and looks the most like your natural teeth. The full-arch replacement procedure is also one of the quickest dental restoration procedures possible. In some cases, the procedure can be completed in just one or two surgical visits! This offers patients a reduced post-surgical recovery time and any reduced discomfort after the procedure, ensuring that you are chewing, speaking, and smiling again in no time!
You can expect the full-arch replacement procedure to provide
- Increased Functionality. The dental implants that secure the full-arch denture are anchored at an angle, so the replacement teeth are supported and secure for guaranteed longevity. The full-arch replacement procedure has the highest ratio of implant-to-bone contact.
- Increased Flexibility. The replacement teeth can be attached to the four-implant base during the first appointment so that patients can enjoy the benefits of new, restored teeth almost immediately.
- Improved Clinical Results. The dental implants are placed directly into the patient’s jaw bone and fully support the weight and function of the replacement set of teeth. This method employs minimally invasive techniques for implant placement.
If you are interested in finding out if the full-arch replacement procedure is right for you, we encourage you to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Scott Warren at Brazos Oral & Facial Surgery. After meeting with you, he will develop a plan for tooth replacement that fully restores your smile.