Sign the Pledge and Say No to Vaping
Brazos Oral & Facial Surgery and Project Save A Mouth are coming together during National Children’s Dental Health Month to educate Waco area students and teens about the risks associated with e-cigarettes and vaping.
Join us as we Stop The Vape in our community!
Help us Stop The Vape in Texas by signing the pledge by February 28, 2020 for your chance to receive one of two $250 Amazon gift cards.
Did You Know?
- E-cigarettes contain chemicals that can cause irreversible lung damage and alter teen brains.
- E-cigarettes contain harmful chemicals such as formaldehyde, which is known to cause cancer, and acrolein, which is used as a weed killer and can cause irreversible lung damage.
- In 2016, the Surgeon General concluded that secondhand emissions contain nicotine; ultrafine particles; flavorings such as diacetyl, a chemical linked to serious lung disease; volatile organic compounds such as benzene, which is found in car exhaust; and heavy metals, such as nickel, tin, and lead.
- No e-cigarette has been found to be safe and effective to help people quit smoking.
- 75% of teenagers who think they will stop smoking in 5 years do not.